Helping TER UK to meet its packaging waste and UK Plastic Packaging Tax obligations in the UK
TER UK is part of TER Chemicals Distribution Group – one of the leading chemical distributors, suppliers, and trading companies for specialty chemicals in Europe. The business buys and sells chemicals, both imported and UK sourced, meaning it must meet the requirements of the UK Packaging Waste Regulations and now the UK Plastic Packaging Tax.
TER UK signed up for Valpak’s Data Management services in 2015 to outsource the onerous task of data collection and collation and has more recently signed up for Valpak’s Plastic Packaging Tax Service.
Valpak has been collecting data and carrying out packaging data submissions on TER UK’s behalf for seven years, assigning the business with a dedicated, expert Valpak account manager who now completes annual packaging data submissions for them.
TER UK can now be confident that its annual packaging data submissions are accurate and will be completed on time and that they are also meeting the requirements of the UK Plastic Packaging Tax.
Valpak carries out the following tasks:
- Transform TER UK’s raw information into the packaging data submission form
- Carry out data manipulation and data consultancy – review packaging data to make sure it’s accurate and transposed into the correct form setup
- Provide advice around transit packaging – what is and isn’t in the scope of the UK Packaging Waste Regulations
- Make sure their packaging data collection and submission process is robust
- Made them aware when they hit the 10-tonne threshold and became obligated to comply with the UK Plastic Packaging Tax
- Take their raw format data and collate this for the UK Plastic Packaging Tax submission
- Liaise with their Financial Advisor / Accountant to make sure the UK Plastic Packaging Tax submission process is smooth and straightforward
TER UK has confidence that its UK packaging data and UK Plastic Packaging Tax submissions are calculated accurately, and that they are paying for the correct amount of packaging waste put onto the UK market.
By outsourcing data collection and collation to Valpak, a huge amount of work has been taken off their hands, saving both time and resources, and reducing the risk of prosecution for non-compliance by the Environment Agency.
TER UK has been working with Valpak for many years! They have provided excellent service and are always ready to support us and answer any questions we have. I would highly recommend Valpak to any company that wants reassurance and to be confident that their submissions are accurate and that they are compliant with the UK Packaging Waste Regulations and the UK Plastic Packaging Tax.