Our team of consultants have considerable knowledge and skills in undertaking waste prevention and diversion reviews, particularly in the food and drink sector
In February 2011 the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations introduced the legal requirement for organisations to apply the waste hierarchy when dealing with waste.
This means organisations must take all reasonable steps to prevent and reduce waste, and where waste does arise demonstrate that they have dealt with it in the most environmentally friendly way possible. At the top of this hierarchy is waste prevention.
Our Waste Mapping service focuses on helping your business to reduce the amount of waste it generates at source.
It involves reviewing your business’s manufacturing, processing, packaging, storage, recycling and disposal processes and identifying opportunities to manage the waste, and minimise its impact on the environment.
Typical activities include:
- site visits
- mapping packaging and product wastes to inform and develop good practice
- a report containing recommendations and strategies for prevention, recovery and reuse
- On-going cost savings
- Increased resource efficiency
- Improved environmental credentials
- Identify costly environmental hotspots
- Additional marketing tool which can be used when bidding for tenders/new customers
Valpak can help
We offer a range of waste prevention services, including:
- waste prevention and diversion reviews
- zero waste audits
- zero waste accreditation
- assessing available markets and routes for materials
- production of waste prevention strategies
- cost benefit analysis of increasing waste diversion levels
Make and enquiry
To find out more about how we can help, contact us today on 03450 682 572 or complete our enquiry form.