Ian Guest, Environmental Compliance Consultant, discusses the increasing importance of business transparency and provides tips on how businesses can prepare for forthcoming environmental and ethical reporting legislation.Read More
Environmental Reporting and Corporate Social Responsibility
We have a valuable network of contacts and relationships in the public and private sector to enable CSR projects to happen
With consumers and stakeholders placing an increased focus on sustainability and environment, many organisations are looking at ways they can minimise their impact on environment.
Corporate Social Responsibility can help an organisation to demonstrate a deeper commitment to reducing its environmental impact.
Environmental Reporting is the concept of brand owners and manufacturers taking environmental responsibility for their products and the associated packaging through their whole life cycle. This can involve activities such as:
- designing products for reuse or recyclability
- understanding the impact on the environment and taking this into account in the decision making process
- creating take back programmes
- arranging end of life collections that facilitate circularity or achieve recycling
A big part of Environmental Reporting also involves engaging and encouraging the public to take responsible action regarding your products.
The benefits to be gained from Environmental Reporting include:
- competitive advantage over others in your industry
- futureproofing, including mitigating some of the future costs of extended producer responsibility (EPR) and other legislation, or consumer demand to act
- strengthened customer loyalty
- generation of positive PR opportunities
- additional marketing tool which can be used, and is increasingly required, when bidding for tenders / new customers
- meeting UN sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- improved environmental credentials
We run support sessions to help our existing members, and other businesses, to scope out actions and interventions that will help them to achieve excellence in the area of Environmental Reporting. Some of the interventions that we have helped businesses to implement include:
- carbon footprinting
- life cycle assessment (and streamlined life cycle assessment)
- recyclability benchmarking
- horizon scanning to understand requirements and impacts of change within and outside of the UK
- packaging redesign
- supply chain engagement
- bespoke collection and recycling schemes
To register your interest, please email email@example.com
How Valpak can help
We have a valuable network of contacts and relationships in the public and private sector to enable Environmental Reporting projects to happen. We will encourage your business to work in partnership, which means that expertise from each sector can be used to collectively produce positive social, economic and environmental impacts. This unique partnership approach generates a variety of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) opportunities.
We can also help facilitate the set-up of the infrastructure for the project and find the most workable and cost-effective solution for you.
Make an enquiry
If you would like to discuss your requirements with one of our experts, contact us:
Working with Valpak helped us develop a Sustainability Policy that will ensure we continue to reduce our impact on the environment whilst meeting the needs of our customers.