Energy & Carbon Reporting Regulations - SECR
Our service will bring together all the information required to create an Energy and Carbon Report
From 1 April 2019, the Government’s Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) policy legally requires some large businesses to prepare an Energy and Carbon Report (within a Directors’ Report) to detail annual emissions.
Is your business classed as a large company under the Companies House Act 2006? Are you monitoring your business’s energy consumption across all fuels?
The legislation affects all UK businesses classed as a large company.
A large company is one which meets two of the following three criteria:
- At least 250 employees
- Balance sheet of over £18m
- Annual turnover of more than £36m
This includes all quoted companies, large unquoted companies and large Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs).
If your company meets the criteria, an Energy and Carbon Report must be included within the Directors’ Report (for financial years that start on or after 1 April 2019).
The report requirements are different for quoted and unquoted companies; however, as a minimum the following details should be included:
- Energy use – to include purchased electricity, gas and transport
- Associated GHG emissions
- At least one intensity ratio
- Energy efficiency action taken
- Methodology used
How Valpak can help
Our service will help bring together all information required for your business’s Energy and Carbon Report. We can:
- define your reporting requirements
- gather your energy data across the relevant sources
- calculate your GHG emissions using recognised standards
- present your energy and carbon report
- provide an independent review for completed Energy and Carbon Reports
To find out more about the Energy and Carbon Reporting Requirements and how we can help, please call us on 03450 682 572 or complete our enquiry form below.
Make an enquiry
If you need help with Energy and Carbon Reporting Requirements, please complete the form below.
We have been working with Valpak since Phase 1 of CRC and we continue to be impressed with the high standard of service we receive.