Products in Scope
On 2 January 2013 the UK RoHS Regulations were amended to bring into scope medical devices and monitoring and control instruments. The following list provides examples of the types of products that will be coming into scope from July 22 2014.
Monitoring and control instruments that require clarification in terms of scope:
- Smoke detectors as part of alarm system installed in building
- Household scales (included in category 1)
- Burglar alarm systems installed in buildings
- Equipment used to prepare samples for analysis such as grinding equipment, mixers, extraction systems
- Laboratory ovens
- Laboratory centrifuges
- Other laboratory equipment such as ultrasonic cleaners, fume hoods, distillation equipment, heating equipment
- Preparative chromatographs
- Petrol pumps
- Some types of CCTV monitoring equipment
If you manufacture, import or distribute any of these products, please contact us for information on how we can help you comply with the RoHS Regulations.