Report Packaging Data online enrolment is now open for producers
The government portal ‘Report Packaging Data’ (RPD) online enrolment is now open for producers. Read our blog to find out what you must do and what resources are available to help guide you through this process.
For those obligated under Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) for Packaging, data must be reported to the appropriate regulator. The new RPD portal allows producers to enrol. Once producers enrol and obtain their RPD Organisation ID, they can then submit their packaging data via the usual Valpak Members’ Area portal.
This enrolment is separate from membership with Valpak and is a requirement of EPR. The enrolment must be completed by an approved person such as a director or company secretary listed on Companies House. Valpak cannot complete this enrolment on your behalf.
Once registered, you will receive an Organisation ID which you will need to report to Valpak as part of your data submission (if you have already completed your data submission, we will be in touch to collect this from you).
You can then report data as usual through our Member Area. If you are a member of Valpak’s Data Insights service, your account manager will complete your data submission.
Valpak has created a step-by-step guide for this enrolment which you can access here.
And Defra has created some bite-sized video guidance to help you through RPD online enrolment:
- Report Packaging Data – Producer Enrolment
- Report Packaging Data – Producer Enrolment – Choosing a Compliance Scheme
What you need to do
- Visit Report Packaging Data here
- A Director listed on Companies House must complete your registration. Defra has provided video guidance showing how to complete this
- Once enrolled you will then be able to select your compliance scheme. If you are a member of Valpak, please ensure you select Valpak (Environment Agency). Video guidance is also available for this step as linked above
- Note your Organisation ID so that you can include this in your data submission to Valpak, or send this to your Valpak account manager if you are a member of our Data Insights Service
Please be aware that delegation forms that have been set up under the shared producer responsibility legislation will not be valid under EPR. Once an account has been set up on the RPD portal, the approved person may then delegate authority for EPR submissions within this system.
If you experience any technical difficulties when using the portal, then you can call the RPD helpline on 0300 060 0002 or email [email protected] for assistance.
If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated team of advisors on 03450 682 572 or email [email protected]