WEEE Obligation Test
Take our online test to find out if your company is obligated under the WEEE Regulations
The WEEE Regulations Assessment - find out if your company is obligated
Does your company do any of the following with Electrical or Electronic Equipment (EEE) and place on the UK market:
- Distribute to end users e.g. retailer
- Are an authorised representative*
* This means that you have been appointed by a producer who places EEE onto the UK market, but does not have a UK presence, and are acting on their behalf to fulfil their obligations under the Regulations.
Note: his online tool is for illustrative purposes. It makes standard assumptions to determine whether you may have an obligation the UK. There are other possible variables, so for a definitive answer please contact us on 03450 682 572. It does not constitute legal or professional advice and must not be relied on as such.
Is electricity needed for your products to fulfil their primary function?
Note: This means that the equipment needs electric currents or electromagnetic fields to fulfil its basic function. When the current is off, the equipment cannot fulfil its basic function.
Are your products covered by a specific exemption below?
- Intended for specific national security & military purpose
- Filament light bulbs
- Implanted & Infected Medical Products
You may be obligated under The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2013
You are not obligated under the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations.
If would like further clarity, please call one of our Technical Advisors on 03450 682 572 who will be happy to help. If you would like us to keep you up to date with other environmental legislation in the future and work with you to review whether you are obligated each year, contact us here.