Valpak Limited (“Valpak”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your business and its employees while providing you with the opportunity to receive products and services that enhance your business activities and the benefits you receive from our services.
Valpak Limited of Unit 4 Stratford Business Park, Banbury Road, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 7GW is the data controller in accordance with the EU Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you have any questions or need further information about our privacy practices, please email [email protected]
We are required by law to appoint a data protection officer. As a contact person for data protection issues, you are therefore also welcome to contact our data protection officer by emailing [email protected]
The personal data we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you (“your information“):
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to or enquire about our service, search for a service or product, place an order on the Platform, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Platform, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and other information that you have provided to us in the course of contacting us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Platform, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through, and from the Platform (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we may use and store your information
We use your information in various ways. Please click here to see a detailed breakdown of the activities and legal grounds for and on which we process your information.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your information with:
- Carefully selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors (including, without limitation any appropriate agency or government authority) for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We will disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Valpak Limited or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets; or
We may transfer your personal information outside of Europe. Such processing may be necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
If at any time we transfer your personal information to countries located outside of the EEA, we will ensure that an appropriate level of data protection comparable to the standards within the EU is established prior to the transfer of your personal data.
We may contact you by email, SMS, telephone, or post with information about products and services that are similar to those we previously provided to you or that you have enquired about unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
We may also pass your information to other organisations (as set out in the paragraph entitled ‘Disclosure of your information’) who may contact you to provide marketing information about their products and services if you have provided us with your consent to do so.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant boxes during the order process when we collect your information. You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by clicking here to contact us.
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers using SSL technology. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we hold your information
The length of time we retain your information is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We delete personal data as soon as the purpose of storage no longer applies, and legal retention periods do not preclude deletion.
We do not retain your information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary for the purposes described above in “How we may use and store your information”.
Generally, we keep personal data necessary for the performance of a contract for six up to ten years depending on the nature and scope of the contract in order to clarify any enquiries or claims after the expiry of the contract for compliance with statutory retention requirements, for example, tax laws.
We may retain any personal data that we deem necessary to investigate or defend claims against us or to prosecute or bring claims against you, us, or any third party, for as long as we believe such action may be necessary.
We may retain personal data collected from you for customer service and marketing purposes, for up to six years after collection, unless you object against the procession of your personal data for this purpose, or you wish the data to be deleted and there are no contractual or statutory storage obligations that prevent this request for deletion.
In regard to business correspondence or documents relevant under commercial code or tax law, statutory retention periods range from six to ten years. This legal data retention period covers, inter alia, invoices, vendor documents, or financial statements.
We may store your device information and other technical information for up to seven days.
You can access and rectify certain parts of your information by logging into your account.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed of how we process your personal data. We do this through this privacy notice and by answering your questions.
- Right to receive access to your personal data. See the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of the Platform or through any communications that you have had with us.
- Right to withdraw your consent. You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information, where that processing is performed on the basis of your consent.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to rectify your information (including without limitation the erasure of certain of your information).
- Right to erasure. For example, you can request us to delete personal data that we no longer need for the purpose it was collected for, or process based on your consent, and you revoke your consent.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to move, copy, or transfer personal information easily from one organization to another.
- Right to restriction of processing. If you believe that your personal data is inaccurate, that our processing is unlawful or that we do not need the information for a specific purpose, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of such personal data.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes and you can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by clicking here
- Right to object. You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation.
To access and rectify your information in accordance with this policy, please send us a written request by clicking here
In addition to the afore-listed rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
How to contact us
The Platform is owned by Valpak Limited a company incorporated in England and Wales. The registered office address is Unit 4 Stratford Business Park, Banbury Road, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 7GW, and our registered company number is 07688691. If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to your local data protection authority available at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm