Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by supporting the delivery of accurate and timely data declarations as specified by environmental legislation and voluntary commitments. You will help support our customers to comply with environmental legislation and give insights to the packaging they handle, allowing them to make meaningful changes with confidence.
What will I be doing?
As an International Data Account Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring customers’ compliance outside of the UK, by:
- Being the first point of contact for incoming phone calls and emails
- Explaining and selling international services to prospective clients
- Following up all leads and opportunities and attending sales meetings where necessary
- Developing a good understanding of the requirements placed on organisations, so that swift and accurate responses can be provided
- Understanding legislation to a high level, in order to manage companies’ compliance on their behalf
- Ensuring clients have a clear understanding of their obligations under various international legislation
- Completing legal documentation, coordinating with various authorities, schemes, and the client
- Understanding compliance requirements (often in multiple countries) and building relationships with key contacts
- Ensuring diplomacyand professionalism to maximise third party relations
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of EU and non-EU regulations
What skills will I need?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A customer focused approach
- Ability to quickly take on large quantities of technical information
- Advanced IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Solution orientated problem-solving ability
- Collaborative working style
- Excellent planning, scheduling and organization skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.