Inside Sales Executive
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
Vacancy Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon (Hybrid)
Salary: £23- 25,000 + up to 10% bonus & benefits
Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by supporting the delivery of accurate and timely data declarations as specified by environmental legislation and voluntary commitments. You will help support our customers to comply with environmental legislation and give insights to the packaging they handle, allowing them to make meaningful changes with confidence.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for someone sales oriented, with strong influencing skills to gain trust and energy, passion and drive for winning new business. The ideal candidate will be confident working in both a busy team environment and on their own initiative. Strong organisational and communication skills are imperative. Full training in all our services and in house systems will be given.
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is always delivered
- Be fully aware of and actively promote Valpak’s service offerings
- Maintain knowledge of Valpak’s range of services and industry developments
- Ensure a high standard of accuracy is achieved for all member details
- Ensure administrative tasks are carried out in an accurate and timely manner
- The Inside Sales Executive will self-generate, and nurture leads and opportunities, via marketing engagement and internet research activity, and manage set lead sources
- Contact companies to follow up on initial interaction and ask questions to understand customer requirements and suitability for our services
- Be fully aware of and actively promote Valpak’s service offering, identifying, and sourcing leads and ensuring leads are handed over to the appropriate team/person
- Handle calls from prospective members or other customers
- Identify and source leads and ensuring opportunities are handed over to the appropriate team/person
- Collate feedback from events and follow up leads
- Attend events as required to network and identify leads
What skills will I need?
- Demonstrable success in sales
- A strong influencing and first class communication skills
- Self-motivation and resilient
- Customer focus with drive to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Capability to multitask, prioritise and manage own workload
- Positivity, proactivity, enthusiasm and approachability
- Ability to pick up new skills and knowledge quickly and learn and develop in an ever changing company
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.