HR and Talent Acquisition Administrator
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
Vacancy Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon (Hybrid)
Salary: £22,000-£24,000 + up to 10% bonus & benefits
Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world.
This is a newly created and exciting opportunity to join the HR department based on growth within the business. Working as part of the Valpak HR team, you will have responsibility for day-to-day HR administrative processes, providing direct support to the HR Manager and Director of HR. This will be a varied and fast-paced role requiring strong organisational skills and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and a team player, willing to use their own initiative to support the wider team.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to manage a range of HR processes and collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Key accountabilities are as follows:
- Recruitment Administration
- Liaising with candidates & hiring managers to book interviews
- Ensuring all feedback is given in a timely manner
- Employee onboarding
- Issue onboarding documentation
- Ensure all pre-joining forms are completed
- Ensure all pre-employment checks are completed
- Add new starters to HRIS
- Book new starter inductions
- Employee Benefits
- Administration & maintenance of all benefits platforms/providers
- Book Wellbeing seminars/events
- HRIS Maintenance
- Maintain the HRIS & keep the database up to date with internal changes/moves
- Assist payroll by ensuring all payroll instructions are prepared and logged for monthly payroll run
- Document administration
- Ensure all letters & contracts are issued to staff as a result of internal changes/promotions
- Probation/Notice periods
- Leaver’s process
- Maintain the Training log
- Book training & liaise with external providers/venues
- Log Personal Development Plans
- Participate in ad hoc HR projects
What skills will I need?
- Self-reliant and able to work under pressure
- Trustworthy and discreet – able to handle confidential information
- Strong organisational skills
- Accurate with particular attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competency to multitask, prioritise and manage own workload
- Polite and professional at all times
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
What qualifications will I need?
- Proven work experience in an administrative role (Previous HR knowledge desirable)
- Preferably have a relevant HR/CIPD (level 3 minimum qualification)
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.