Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
The Environmental Compliance Advisor role is key to the delivery of Valpak’s core business, compliance solutions, and sits at the heart of the business. The role presents opportunities for the individual to be involved in cross-departmental work and gain knowledge in other areas of the business, allowing the individual to expand and develop their skill sets.
What will I be doing?
As an Environmental Compliance Advisor, you will be actively involved in a variety of projects, based on business needs.
The role presents opportunities for you to be involved in cross-departmental work and gain knowledge in other areas of the business, allowing you to expand and develop your skill set, by:
- Acting as a first point of contact for all incoming member regulatory queries
- Delivering advice and technical support to members
- Developing a rapport with other departments within the business to ensure outstanding member service is delivered
- Being fully aware of and actively promoting Valpak’s service offering, liaising with relevant departments as appropriate, to find the best solution for the customer
- Confidently handling calls from prospective members or other customers
- Participating in and presenting at member workshops and seminars
- Ensuring all data submitted to Valpak by its members meets the required standard as stated in the current regulations, advising members appropriately
- Developing a detailed understanding of the data submission process and producer responsibility regulations, with the option to further specialise and hone knowledge in particular areas of interest
- Personally managing a portfolio of member accounts to ensure that the appropriate level of service is provided
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.