Credit Control Team Leader
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
Vacancy Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon (Hybrid)
Salary: £23,000 + up to 10% bonus & benefits
Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
We are looking for a key member to join a small Finance department, leading the Credit Control function to ensure customer receipts are in line with targets, aged debt is within acceptable levels, management reports are issued timely and customer and internal queries are resolved.
Our services are invoiced monthly, quarterly and annually to over 3,000 customer accounts which include large corporates, small owner managed entities, and foreign companies. This is a hands-on role, where time will be split managing outstanding debt on owned accounts, reviewing and supporting resolution of queries within the team, ensuring all processes are performed in line with expectations, ensuring the team operates as an effective credit control function.
What will I be doing?
- Transaction Processing: Distribute invoices accurately and promptly, obtain purchase orders and handle customer payments. Manage customer receipts, refunds, and account reconciliation.
- Customer Debt Collections: Prioritise and chase outstanding balances and maintain and improve effective customer account management.
- Build Relationships: Develop strong customer and operational relationships, liaising with legal advisors and payment providers.
- Team Management: Support team recruitment, training, and development.
- Reporting Key Information: Provide payment dates and cash collection reports, summarise outstanding debt status and perform credit checks.
What skills do I need?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in credit control ideally with 2+ years as a team leader
- Proven track record of managing large customer portfolio with high value debt and achieving targets
- Ability to gain a good understanding of the Valpak services and customers payment processes and proactive approach to resolving queries
- Excellent customer communication and negotiation skills, with ability to build relationships with internal and external contacts
- Good knowledge of payment escalation options, including legal debt recovery, ensuring a fair and balanced approach to collecting outstanding debts
- Natural enthusiasm to chase outstanding debts and work as a team to motivate and achieve targets
- Strong work ethic and positive can-do attitude
- Good working knowledge of Office applications (Excel, Outlook, CRM, Teams)
- Excellent knowledge of customer related processes within finance systems (Sage, Dynamics NAV/BC)
- Working knowledge of customer payment platforms
- Experience working with direct debit collections and adhering to rules
- Accurate and confident working with numbers
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including: