THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
Vacancy Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon (Hybrid)
Salary: Circa £27,000 (pro rata) + Up to 10% Bonus and Benefits
Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by supporting the delivery of accurate and timely data declarations as specified by environmental legislation and voluntary commitments. You will help support our customers to comply with environmental legislation and give insights to the packaging they handle, allowing them to make meaningful changes with confidence.
What will I be doing?
As a Compliance Consultant, you will:
- Conduct member audits and other types of audits as required (reprocessor, ZWTL)
- Identify and deliver member and supplier audits in line with the data monitoring plan
- Plan own audit schedule with an efficient and professional approach, maximising time and resources
- Ensure all data submitted to Valpak by its members meets the required standard of accuracy, advising members appropriately
- Provide support to the Audit Manager in the delivery of the data monitoring plan
- Complete audits both in person at sites and over Teams
Understanding of existing Packaging, WEEE and Batteries regulations and upcoming regulations (PPT & EPR)
- Be a Regulatory expert, providing technical guidance to members and support to other departments within Valpak
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the data submission process
- Participate in all data submission rounds
- Manage a portfolio of member accounts ensuring an appropriate level of service is delivered
- Perform a vital role in the retention and also recruitment of compliance scheme members
- Actively participate in member training programmes including presenting at events
- Provide excellent service and work with customer to understand their business needs, and any ways in which we can help them
- Develop a rapport with other departments within the business to ensure outstanding member service is delivered at all times
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including: