Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by designing, building, deploying, and maintaining bespoke Valpak software applications and websites in order to add value to Valpak’s business and that of Valpak’s customers; and actively to seek out opportunities for process improvement via automation. The successful candidate will be accustomed to taking ownership of projects/problems; and will be able to demonstrate drive, initiative, creative problem-solving abilities, and a knowledge of current trends in software development.
What will I be doing?
- Liaise with business to understand user requirements
- Design future-proof and maintainable software to meet user expectations; which also complies with security and other standards, and is within cost constraints
- Produce clear technical specifications unambiguously to define solution and scope
- Develop solutions as specified, to agreed timescales
- Meet and enhance Valpak standards on security and code quality
- Implement coded unit testing to prove functional integrity, and continually aim to increase test coverage
- Work closely with Systems Tester(s) to assist in the verification of your work
- Work closely with other developers in the team to peer review code, spread knowledge across the team, and increase development efficiency
- Participate actively in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and reviews
- Utilise developer tools such as Jira and Github to adhere to and improve the team SDLC process
- Liaise with DevOps engineer(s) and Infrastructure to plan the deployment of your solutions to Test and Live environments, automate where possible, and implement changes and recommendations as required
- Take responsibility to ensure all necessary parties are informed of deployment activities and timescales
- Own the delivery of your solutions
- Respond swiftly to bugs/issues escalated by business or support staff
- Prioritise effectively
- Communicate status and solution to relevant stakeholders
- Devise effective workaround strategies to mitigate user issues and buy time for full resolution
What skills do I need?
- 5 years CRM 2015 Experience in Administration and Customisations.
- Preferable Silverlight /Angular development experience within CRM
- Experience with Kendo UI would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and supporting toolsets
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of automated unit testing tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Educated to Degree Level, or at least 2 years relevant work experience
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.