Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by supporting the delivery of accurate and timely data declarations as specified by environmental legislation and voluntary commitments. You will help support our customers to comply with environmental legislation and give insights into the packaging they handle, allowing them to make meaningful changes with confidence.
What will I be doing?
Working as part of the marketing team, you will have responsibility for day-to-day marketing activities and take ownership of in-person events. This will be a varied and fast paced role, with areas of content creation, so organisation, creativity and excellent writing skills are essential. We’re based in Stratford-Upon-Avon and this role can be covered from office or hybrid.
Campaign creation and management
- Design and write email campaigns to new and existing customers
- Data segmentation using Dynamics CRM
- Workflow management
Website and intranet updates
- Update website using WordPress
- Ensure web content is up to date and accurate
- All aspects of SEO
- Upload documentation to intranet
Social media management
- Create social media posts aligned to the content plan
- Community management
Sales collateral creation
- Create sales collateral in a variety of formats (presentations, brochures, fact sheets) aligned to company brand
- Ownership of in-person member and employee events
- Book venues, suppliers and presenters
- Coordinate attendee and venue requirements
- Create and initiate attendee mailings
- Collate and analyse attendee feedback
- Assist with webinar set up and hosting
- Format presentations
- Update documents created across the business to ensure alignment to company branding
Analysis and reporting
- Monitor competitor activity
- Produce monthly reports on KPI performance
- Analyse results to inform future decisions and recommend improvements
What skills will I need?
- Proven experience within a marketing role or prior knowledge of Environmental Compliance sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong proof-reading abilities
- Able to use initiative to work independently or with others as required
- Excellent organisational skills and professional standards
- Creativity to develop effective strategies and campaigns
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders across the group, external agencies, suppliers, and key partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of CRM and CMS applications
- Experience of Adobe Suite design packages desirable
- Marketing or Business degree desirable
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.