Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
The role involves undertaking research into the requirements of environmental compliance legislation overseas, confirming companies’ obligations and assisting with their compliance.
What will I be doing?
- Define and develop the product strategy to drive targeted business outcomes in alignment with corporate strategies.
- Lead and mentor a team of product specialists, including product business analysts
- Develop and nurture the professional growth of your team members, providing guidance and support to help them achieve their career goals.
- Own relationship with key customers; understand the industry and product-related landscapes, the voice of the customer feedback and end-user inputs and proactively define strategy and vision.
- Translate product strategy and goals into planned work and requirement specification.
- Own the Product Backlog.
- Scope the product solution and define user journey and process flows.
- Manage all aspects of in-life products, including customer feedback, requirements, and issues.
- Implement product management continuous improvement policies, standards, and processes.
- Define, analyse, and manage metrics that inform the success of products.
What skills will I need?
- Bachelors or Masters in a technology focused business degree such as Management Information
- Systems, or a technology focused MBA
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Product Manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex products
- Demonstrated leadership experience and a passion for developing and guiding others.
- Experience building software products in an Agile environment.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, relationship, and engagement skills.
- Focus on the customer; Celebrates the success of others in the business.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Effective working in a team environment and independently.
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.