Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by the processing of large datasets. You will provide data-orientated technical expertise to a busy operational department. You will take repetitive processes and automate them where appropriate, to ensure the handling of large datasets is streamlined, to increase efficiency and allowing the department to scale to meet future demand.
What will I be doing?
As a Data Support Analyst, you will support the systemisation of processes, as well as getting involved in project work and building on specialist technical skills.
In order to consistently improve and innovate the Data Service, you will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the high-level systems as well as possess expertise in specific business-as-usual technical tasks
- Be adept at the manipulation of large data sets, cleansing, transforming and loading into the compliance systems
- Use SQL Server, Excel, and other appropriate tools to automate repetitive processes and bulk manipulate large datasets
- Build a solid understanding of the reporting requirements of each compliance scheme
- Ensure all assigned IT project work is completed on time and to the standard as required by the Head of IT
- Coordinate and conduct testing to ensure new systems and processes are fit for purpose
- Apply technology to solve problems
- Be adept at learning new skills and possess good judgment to know when to automate and when to “get the job done”
What skills will I need?
- Educated to Degree level or possess solid work experience in related field
- Professional, approachable and pragmatic with a balanced approach to problem solving
- Experience or eagerness to use machine learning and AI
- Experience or eagerness to learn C#
- Working knowledge of Qlik or another data analytics application
- Team player with evidence of working as a technical escalation point for others either formally or informally
- Ability to estimate effort required and report on progress
- Able to articulate complicated information to a variety of parties
- Able to pick up and retain technical and regulatory information
- Adept with Microsoft Excel
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.