Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by collecting and manipulating large volumes of data, which we use to keep our customers compliant. You will collect and process data relating to our clients’ obligations under the Packaging, WEEE and Batteries regulations.
What will I be doing?
As a Data Administrator, you will be supporting a range of customer accounts, so excellent communication skills are a must.
You will work alongside Account Managers and Data Team Managers to compile data and calculate obligations for a range of accounts, by:
- Using our in-house computer software to input and analyse weights information, maintaining high standards of accuracy
- Using MS Excel applications to check and improve the accuracy of data within our in- house EPIC database
- Visiting client sites to conduct weighing exercises, as well as collecting and weighing sample products at Valpak offices
- Providing support to the Account Managers in the calculation of the packaging, WEEE and Batteries waste submissions
- Communicating with clients verbally over the phone and through written communication such as emails and letters
- Having a full, manual driving licence (or working towards) to enable you to travel to customer sites
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.