Valpak Limited (“Valpak”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your business and its employees, while providing you with the opportunity to receive products and services that enhance your business activities and the benefits you receive from our services.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”) and any laws that replace or amend the Act from time to time (including without limitation the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) (“Data Protection Law”), the data controller is Valpak Limited of Unit 4 Stratford Business Park, Banbury Road, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 7GW.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We would recommend that you print a copy.
If you have any questions or need further information about our privacy practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Personal Data we Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you ("your information"):
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on the Platform, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Platform, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Platform we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Platform (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we may Use and Store your Information
We use your information in various ways. Please click here
to see a detailed breakdown of the activities and legal grounds for and on which we process your information.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your information with:
- any member of our group excluding Valpak Retail WEEE Services Limited, it will include, without limitation Valpak Holdings Limited, Valpak Limited, Valpak Recycling Limited and Valpak Scotland Limited, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- carefully selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (including without limitation any appropriate agency or government authority) for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We will disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Valpak Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets; or
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by email, SMS, telephone, or post with information about products and services which are similar to those we previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
If you are a new customer, we may contact you by email, SMS, telephone, or post only if you consent.
We may also pass your information to other organisations (as set out in the paragraph entitled ‘Disclosure of your information’) who may contact you to provide marketing information about their products and services if you have provided us with your consent to do so, via the methods of communication you have previously consented to.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant boxes during the order process when we collect your information. You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by clicking here to contact us.
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers using SSL technology. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we hold your information
The length of time we retain your information is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We do not retain your information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary for the purposes described above at “How we may use and store your information”.
We do not always apply a fixed retention period to the information we hold. Where it is not possible to provide details of a fixed retention period, we have instead provided details of the criteria we use to determine the period that applies.
You can access and rectify certain parts of your information by logging into your account.
Under Data Protection Law, you have the right to:
- see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of the Platform or through any communications that you have had with us;
- access your information;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your information, where that processing is performed on the basis of your consent;
- rectify your information (including without limitation the erasure of certain of your information);
- obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services; and
- ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes and you can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by clicking here
To access and rectify your information in accordance with this policy, please send us a written request by clicking here
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us
The Platform is owned by Valpak Limited a company incorporated in England and Wales. The registered office address is Unit 4 Stratford Business Park, Banbury Road, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 7GW and our registered company number is 07688691.If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.