Who is affected?
Does your organisation sell electrical or electronic equipment (EEE) into the Republic of Ireland via distance-selling techniques such as online retail, or catalogue sales direct to end-users? If so, the business is obligated to register annually with the authorities and comply in line with the WEEE Regulations of 2014.
What your organisation needs to do
However, companies with no physical presence in Ireland cannot register directly. In order to register, they must appoint an “Authorised Representative” to take the legal obligation on their behalf. This can be any private individual or organisation in Ireland which is willing to partner with the company and take the legal risk in full for any compliance-related issues.
Finding an Authorised Representative can be a difficult and costly process, and putting the registration in place can be time-consuming and confusing.
How Valpak can help
Valpak has entered into a partnership with a company in the Republic of Ireland and are pleased to offer the use of an Authorised Representative to any obligated parties.
Our service enables organisations to meet obligations as a foreign company. They can choose to retain the registration and data submission processes in-house, or you can take advantage of our full Authorised Representative registration and data submission service which provides the following benefits:
- Offsetting legal responsibility: Our Authorised Representative takes the legal responsibility on your behalf
- Completion of paperwork: We obtain and complete all required registration forms for the authorities, the Authorised Representative, and the compliance scheme (where necessary)
- Deadline monitoring: We request data ahead of the deadline to give us time to check for accuracy in line with the regulations
- Data submission: We complete the data declarations to the authorities on your behalf
- B2B Waste Management Plans and Reports: We complete the required reports on your behalf, declaring them to the Environmental Protection Agency
- Single point of contact: We liaise with all relevant parties from start to finish, keeping correspondence to a necessary minimum
Call us today on 03450
682 572 or complete our
to find out more about our Authorised Representative service.