Why choose Valpak?
Valpak has created a friendly and supportive working environment that enables our team to perform to the best of their abilities, with flexible hours, hybrid working options, access to training and opportunities to get involved in various groups to nurture key interests.
With social value at the heart of our business ethos, employees can take a day on us to volunteer for an organisation of their choice, and our Charity Committee organises fundraising events for the employee nominated charity of the year.
Valpak endorses wellbeing and healthy lifestyles, offering subsidised gym membership, optional healthy living seminars and social events, encouraging cross team integration. Plus the “After Work” social group organises regular gatherings – an opportunity to get to know friendly faces.
Our team is passionate, friendly, approachable and dedicated to the business mission – to inspire businesses to do all they can to reduce their environmental impact. If you have an interest in sustainability and like the sound of all Valpak offers, we would love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
As the UK’s leading provider of environmental compliance, Valpak strives to work together towards a profitable, sustainable, waste-free world. To date, our teams work in partnership with more than 400 customers, in nearly every corner of the globe.
You will assist in driving this goal by supporting the delivery of projects to new and existing clients and developing new opportunities for the team and the wider Valpak business.
What will I be doing?
As a Junior Consultant, you will play a key role within the Valpak consulting team. You will oversee the identification and preparation of proposals, and the delivery of bespoke consulting projects for a variety of clients by:
- Identifying opportunities for Valpak to use their skills, data, expertise and systems in projects
- Developing corporate environmental policy packaging assessments and benchmarking
- Conducting product life cycle assessments
- Supporting the sales team in response to identified leads and opportunities, or where appropriate leading the response
- Working with a small team of consultants and researchers, both as support and project manager
- Ensuring projects and datasets are managed in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintaining engagement with stakeholders (including clients) through the project process
- Reporting results to clients using:
o Formal written reporting (Word)
o Other appropriate reporting tools including client templates
- Developing corporate environmental policy, such as ESG reporting, net zero and SDG Goals for clients
- Modelling economic and environmental impacts (e.g. CBA, LCA) and grouping, scoping and analysing data using excel
- Maintaining and maximizing relations with customers and third party companies as required
What skills will I need?
- Educated to Degree level, ideally in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience of delivering consultancy projects
- Expertise in economic principles and economic modelling
- Detailed understanding of the producer responsibility compliance landscape
- Understanding of the role played by producer compliance schemes
- IEMA membership or other relevant industry membership or experience
- Demonstrable numerical skills
- Ability to deliver in person and virtual presentations
What kind of businesses will I be working with?
What benefits will I receive?
We strive to make Valpak an employer of choice. Whether it’s achieving work-life balance, helping towards a healthier lifestyle, or saving money. We have a range of benefits to help support you, including:
I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Valpak so far, where I’ve been able to specialise in the part of my role that interests me the most. I’ve had access to training beyond what my role requires and spent time developing my skills.