On the 30 September 2011, the BSI published an updated version of their product carbon footprinting guidance document, PAS 2050.
On the 30 September, BSI published an updated version of their product carbon footprinting guidance document, PAS 2050, which can be downloaded for free from www.bsigroup.com
The revision aims to improve the standard’s clarity, take account of advances in knowledge and user’s experience and align it with international standards. Key changes include:
- the inclusion of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and removals from biogenic sources
- the inclusion of GHG removals in assessments
- the modification of the treatment of recyclable material
- requirement for the use of weighting factors for delayed emissions becoming optional
- application of land use change broadened beyond agriculture
If you are considering carrying out a product carbon footprint, please contact Valpak Consulting on 0141 548 8210.