With consumers and stakeholders placing an increased focus on sustainability and environment, many organisations are looking at ways they can minimise their impact on environment.
Extended Producer Responsibility can help an organisation to demonstrate a deeper commitment to reducing its environmental impact.
What is Extended Producer Responsibility?
Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is the concept of brand owners and manufacturers taking environmental responsibility for their products and the associated packaging when they become waste. This can involve activities such as:
- Creating take back programmes
- Arranging waste collections, recycling or other suitable disposal
- Designing products for reuse or recyclability
A big part of Extended Producer Responsibility also involves engaging and encouraging the public to take responsible action with regard to your products.
What Are the Benefits of EPR?
The benefits to be gained from extended producer responsibility include:
- Generation of positive PR opportunities
- Additional marketing tool which can be used when bidding for tenders/new customers
- Improved environmental credentials
- Competitive advantage over others in your industry
- Can create jobs in local communities
- Strengthened customer loyalty
How Can We Help?
We have a valuable network of contacts and relationships in the public and private sector to enable EPR projects to happen. We will encourage your business to work in partnership which means that expertise from each sector can be used to collectively produce positive social, economic and environmental impacts. This unique partnership approach generates a variety of CSR opportunities.
We can also help facilitate the set-up of the infrastructure for the project and find the most workable and cost effective solution for you.
To find out more contact us on 08450 682 572 or complete our enquiry form.