Our Battery Compliance Scheme is competitive against other schemes.
Due to yearly target increases, obligated companies are likely to see obligation increases. In turn, costs are likely to rise each year.
When making compliance scheme cost comparisons, these factors should be taken into consideration to ensure that you are comparing like with like.
If you wish to leave your current batteries compliance scheme, we will be happy to give you a competitive, no obligation cost forecast. Also, if you have received a quote from another scheme please call one of our technical advisors on 08450 682 572 to find out if we are competitive. Compare our costs now or download a batteries compliance scheme resignation letter template.
Points to Consider
If you are an existing Valpak member, and are considering joining another batteries compliance scheme, please make sure that you consider the following key points when asking for a compliance quote:
- be aware of the difference between battery recycling costs per tonne compared with put on market rate
- check the compliance scheme's history to make sure that they have managed to comply each year
- check that you can offset your compliance bill if you have collected your own waste batteries for recycling. We have set up a Members Compliance Evidence Policy whereby you can offset some of your compliance bill with your own evidence notes. View our Battery Producer Compliance Scheme MCEP Terms and Conditions
- check that the compliance scheme will protect you from price spikes
- ensure that you have compared all costs (membership fees, additional charges etc). Some schemes will claim that they do not have a joining fee; however, they are likely to have an annual membership fee. This is how we operate, which is the same as the vast majority of other schemes
- check what other services the scheme can offer. We offer multiple services and can propose one-stop-shop solutions
- will the scheme offer you free data workshops? We offer our members free workshops
- will the compliance scheme offer you free use of the Green Dot symbol? We will waive the licence fee for all members
- will the scheme help you to communicate consumer recycling messages? We can via our recycle-more brand
- will the scheme offer you a dedicated members' area of their website? Our website has a dedicated members' area
- will the scheme offer support and guidance visits when appropriate? We have an open door policy and will also carry out visits when requested
- remember to talk to us first