An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a framework which can help you to achieve your environmental goals through consistent control of your business operations. Increased control can help your business to improve environmental performance.
We offer a range of support services relating to the implementation of Environmental Management Systems including ISO 14001.
The level of service provided can be tailored to your requirements but can include the following:
- Assistance in deciding which EMS methodology is most appropriate for your business, including ISO 14001, EMAS or BS8555
- Advice on the most appropriate method of implementation. This may be a system for a single site, or a phased roll out plan for a group of sites
- A full Initial Environmental Review to understand baseline environmental conditions
- Bespoke Environmental Policies, Environmental Aspect Registers and Legal Registers
- Development of appropriate objectives and targets, and setting up data collection methods to monitor progress against these targets
- Recommendations of changes to current procedures, where these do not meet the requirements of the relevant EMS standard
- Developing operational procedures to control environmental impacts, covering normal, abnormal and emergency operations
- Design and delivery of appropriate environmental training for staff
- Development of internal audits and system review procedures
Implementation of an Environmental Management System will deliver multiple benefits, including the following:
- Competitive advantage over companies without an EMS
- Creation of an additional marketing tool when bidding for tenders or new customers
- Potential for lower business insurance premiums
- Resource efficiency improvements
- Progress towards environmental objectives and targets through increased monitoring
- Increased understanding of the impact of environmental legislative requirements
- Understanding of new legislative requirements and how to adapt to conform
- Reduction in the risk of pollution events
If you would like our help to implement an EMS please complete our online enquiry form or call 08450 682 572.