We Are a Responsible Company...
We seek to gain accreditation to, and certification from, organisations that challenge our business to operate responsibly and ethically while simultaneously having a minimal impact on the environment. Some of the accreditations and standards that we (Valpak Limited) hold are listed below:
An internationally accepted standard that sets out how companies can put in place an effective Environmental Management System (EMS). The standard enables Valpak Limited to identify and control the environmental impact of its activities and services, to continually improve its environmental performance, and to implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives and targets, to achieving these and to demonstrating that they have been achieved.
An internationally recognised standard for the quality management of businesses. The standard applies to the processes that create and control the products and services an organisation supplies. It prescribes systematic control of activities to ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are met.
Provides a framework for the effective management of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S), including compliance with legislation that applies to an organisation's activities and identified hazards. It gives requirements for an OH&S management system, to enable an organisation to control its OH&S risks and improve its performance.
Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 2060 gives general requirements to be met by anyone wanting to achieve and demonstrate carbon neutrality.
Anyone who wants to export waste material to China needs an AQSIQ certificate. This includes scrap metals, cables, scrap plastics, scrap paper.
In addition, our commitment to the environment and to improving the quality of our customer service is demonstrated in our quality and environmental policy statements and ISO accreditation.
We (Valpak Limited) are members of a number of professional institutions, including:
- Confederation of Business Industry (CBI)
- Industrial Council for Electrical and Electronic Equipment Recycling (ICER)
- Packaging Federation
- Associate members of British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- WEEE Schemes Forum
- Chair of BIS WEEE Working Group on the WEEE Directive Recast. Members of BIS WEEE Working Groups on B2B, and IPR
- Agency Industry Packaging Industries Liaisons Group (AIPOLG)
- Representation on the Advisory Committee for Packaging & sub groups
- Membership of Packaging Recycling Advisory Group (PRAG) Steering Group and all three PRAG committees. (PRAG - Packaging Recycling Action Group, Communication, Plastics recycling, Packaging design)
- UK representation on Pro Europe (trade association for packaging across EU Member States)
- Institute of Directors (IoD)
- Waste Action Forum
- Birmingham Health & Safety Environment Association
- British Safety Council
- Waste Aware North East
- North East Recycling Forum
- Lancashire Chamber of Commerce
Additionally, many of our staff hold individual membership of professional institutions. These include:
- Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Institution of Electrical Engineers
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)